Andrea in Afghanistan

Updates from Kabul

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Colombo!

Greetings from Colombo,
I’ve arrived. Though I’m still a bit disoriented as you can see in this photo.

My first day was shrouded in a jet-lag fog, but thanks to my new boss who seems to be a great fellow, I was given something of a tour of Colombo via places to sit and drink tea or beer. I’ve seen fancy hotels where expats relive colonial history...

... as well as divey local bars. I now have a giant stack of books to read about Sri Lanka--I'm sure the decades of conflict will all make perfect sense once i finish. It sounds like I'll be helping local journalists organize a weekly regional public affairs radio show once we finish soundproofing studios. I’ll be here in the capital for the next few days before making my way to Ampara via a stop in South to see another radio production center there. More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home