Andrea in Afghanistan

Updates from Kabul

Saturday, November 18, 2006

ampara abode

So here’s the house I’m renting.


The photos don’t do justice to the power of its color scheme. Orange on the outside. Pink walls on most of the inside.


And check out my guest bedroom. Any of you who want to come visit… you’re in for a treat.



I took this harmonious fruit poster already hanging as a good omen. If you can't see the print on it says "all for one: one for all". Would be nice if it was foreshadowing some breakthrough in the country’s political situation, but I shouldn’t get carried away.

Really it’s a pretty great house. It’s a bit lonely with just one person. But the landlord’s family lives next door and they seem nice. Two really cute kids in their family. And I’m really not alone with all my mosquito and ant friends. Hmm… well plugging away with work and getting to know my surroundings a bit. Will be good to have a home base.
Cheers,
andrea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home