Andrea in Afghanistan

Updates from Kabul

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Kabul!


Greetings from Kabul,

I've arrived. I'm ok.  And I'm slowly adapting to the realities of the kabul-bubble, where it's considered daring to walk a block or two down the street.  So for now, it's from guesthouse to car and back again.  
That said I have managed to meet some nice people... The Afghan women I'm working with have been quite hospitable.  
I even got to have a night out at a fancy buffet restaurant with this future Afghan rock star/potential comedian (and daughter of one of the women I'm working with).






As for security, I think I will be ok.  Today was a public holiday (Happy Mujahideen Day!).  And though there was an incident at the big parade, my office seemed to be well aware of what's happening and took appropriate safety measures.

So... don't worry too much.  More soon...
a  
  

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, the girl beside you looks beautiful though ;-) How to meet her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home